So Lauren Leto created textsfromlastnight.com. She also made this list of stereotypes of readers and their favorite authors. The only disappointing thing was, no Bukowski? What a bummer! Anyway, just to name a few, I'm a geekily smart Umphrey's McGee fan who also listens to the Foo Fighters, doesn't like cream cheese, didn't graduate college but am good at crosswords, and can't read. Well, I in fact like cream cheese, am pretty good at crosswords, don't know who Umphrey's McGee is, and I mean, the Foo Fighters are okay? BUT, this one of my very favorite authors, did make me LOL.
"Hey! You’re a fan of Kurt Vonnegut? So is that kid you know. And your uncle – the cool one. Everyone has an ex boyfriend or girlfriend that were Kurt Vonnegut fans. And that relationship was memorable. Because Vonnegut fans are crazy.
The first comments written after I wrote my “Readers by Author” post were by people asking me to do a Vonnegut stereotype.
Which was hard because Vonnegut fans are ever-changing. You know you are.
Vonnegut fans are the quiet guy/girl in your ninth grade math class who turns into the slightly popular rebel by senior year. In college they turn into an art student. After graduation, they end up working in pharmaceuticals. After the first divorce, they turn into a full-time blogger. Or some sort of story that resembles a thousand different paths you took to where you are now.
You’re the craziest people in the world.
Vonnegut people are too random and varied for me to stereotype. However, I at least know they are rebels enough to have made love or smoked pot at some point in their life to the song Creep by Radiohead."
Genius.
1 comment:
o . m .g
this is insane and you're an encyclopedia .
Post a Comment