Monday, June 21, 2010

174

Dear Father's Day,
I was going to write you a long, laborious letter about how much you make my insides hurt, and how I want to crawl into bed whenever I think about all the dad's who actually want to spend said day with their real children, and not some new family they've adopted and moved in on. But I won't; what I will say, though, is that the one thing this day does make me remember is that I will never walk out on my family, I will always love the family that has been there, and when you make dads call their former daughters at 11:30 at night instead of wanting to tell them to go fuck themselves, I'll feel sorry for them that I'm not in their life.


This song really made my stomach hurt, today. I'm not sure whether it was a good or bad hurt.



Shadows crawled across the living room's length
I held onto you with a desperate strength
With everything
With everything in me

And I handed you a drink of the lovely little thing
On which our survival depends
People say friends don't destroy one another
What do they know about friends?

Thunderclouds forming - cream white moon
Everything's gonna be okay soon
Maybe tomorrow
Maybe the next day

No comments: