Alaska:
Plane ride with the plane gods placing Pil in the window seat, peanuts, and coke zero. Stopovers. Mo at the airport. Sleeping immediately when we get home. Most comfortable couch ever. Probably because of where it was and who was putting me there. Cruise ship around the most beautiful glaciers on earth. Whales. Puffins. So windy. So many pictures. So much food. Sleeping on the ship. 4 hours behind. Finding the cutest hotel I've ever seen. The sun will not go down. Instant sleep, again. Stuffed animal lobby, and by that I mean taxidermied. Excited for puppies. So excited for puppies. George Costanza Gortex coat; so many layers. So many beautiful dogs, dog sled ride, holding 4-day-old puppies, wanting to run away with them, getting dressed up like a crazy person. Around Anchorage, just like any other town but with stores full of ever t-shirt I've ever wanted and boys giving screen names. Wildlife preservation, so many animals I've never seen in person, very much in awe of the sheer size of most of them. Best seafood chowder every day, best dinners at night, (so much eating). The zoo with mom and dad, more animals I've never seen in real life, native dances and huts, all the while taking the most amazing pictures from the most amazing views I've ever seen and probably ever will see, plane ride home to more best friends.
Ohio:
8-hour car ride that felt like 2. Soundtracks and sing-a-longs. Best tour guide. Great views of fields and farms. Arrival. Apartments. The scent of weed. Stripper pole. The most welcoming futons. Fun hellos and funner stories. Sleep comes easily. Conner. Most delicious mexican food. Bar with Kate and Conner. Cutest people. Pretty great beer. Sleep comes easily once again, hotly spread out on the futon, wishing by some miracle a breeze would come in the window. Morning; pretty great bagel place with Kate and Conner. Most fantastic book store; I wanted everything. Great conversations of food and music. Walk around campus. Stuck (more like most happily stuck) in a thunderstorm, splashed by my karma puddle, more fun stories. Clothes on the now-turned-on air conditioner, more sleep. Half-dolled up. Vegetable tempura and sushi. Almost all the wine is gone. Drive to Andy's. Walk to the first spot. Have a couple of beers. Laugh my ass off at Cam'ron songs and "Alcohol, Pussy, and Weed". Things are getting cloudy. Walk to Circus. Crazy underground-type-shit with costumed DJ's. Text messaging. The Taco Bell parking lot. Walk through campus with Gillian and heels in hand. Comfort. Sleep. Drive back home but can't leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment