I really like Jazz. I want to say love, but I don't deserve it. I don't know enough about it beyond the fact that I have a couple of random jazz records in my room, and that I really like Big Band music. I want to know everything about it, and I want to start asking the guy at the antique store to sell me good Jazz records.
Dave Brubeck was honored last night on the Kennedy Center Honors and I wish I could find his part because as a person who genuinely enjoys Jazz music, I couldn't help but smile every time they shot to his big, beautiful smile. His compositions were a staple in my jazz band life. Jazz made me love playing the trumpet and "Take Five" brings me back to being able to play my trumpet with a band almost every day, considering it was always our warm-up.
Also, just because, well, jeez I get so sentimental talking about my trumpet that I haphazardly pawned off when my brain exploded and we had to move, here's my other favorite song to play. One day trumpet, you will be back in my loving hands. Or one of your distant shiny, black cousins. 1:28-1:54, ftw.
On my list of things to buy, you are number one.

And then this, because don't even get me started on how much I love muted trumpet.
No comments:
Post a Comment