Friday, September 5, 2008

8

I'm trying not to make this blog a personal life thing, but man sometimes it's so hard. But, on one personal life note I will talk about, I'm really excited for school this year. I'm excited to start reading WWD again and I am in love with the french language, way more than the german language, but not as much as the english language. Whenever I think about it I think about Charlotte Gainsbourg in I'm Not There reading this translated from French: "It's wrong to say 'I think'. One should say 'I am thought'. I is someone else. I am present at the birth of my thoughts. I watch and I listen. I draw a stroke of the bow. The symphony stirs in the depths or comes with a leap to the stage. It began with waves of disgust and it ends as we can't immediately seize this eternity - It ends with a riot of perfumes."

She is one sexy lady. I've also heard this song at H&M a thousand times and never knew it was her. Fantastic.


Well on a departure from sweet female vocals for some reason I am in quite a different mood today. Enjoy and get transported back to middle school/high school with these songs of the day.

Anti-Flag - The Press Corpse. This particular song is on a cd that came out way after I got out of middle school but "A New Kind of Army" and "Underground Network" used to be like, my favorite cd's ever. This song emcompasses all things that are awesome about Anti-Flag. Group singing, Whoa-oh's, counting, and the best bass lines ever.
Lifetime - 25 Cent Giraffes & Northbound Breakdown. These two songs came out 10 years apart and even though I'm kind of past this musical stage of my life, Lifetime is easily STILL one of my favorite bands of all time. Why? Because they're from New Jersey, they put on an amazing show, and their songs are simple and awesome and get me psyched.
The Broadways - Fuck You Larry Koesche, I Hope You Starve And Die Someday. These dudes probably have some of the best voices ever just because they're so bad. You know? Some of The Broadways later became the Lawrence Arms (100 Resolutions will forever be one of my favorite songs, and get played every New Years Eve) which is also an amazing band, which I ultimately like more than the Broadways, but you know, gotta know where you're roots are at.

On a closing note, it is Fashion Week in Japan and I've come to the conclusion that my first big goal in life is to be at Fashion Week in NYC by the time I'm 25.

PS: I almost forgot, something I am so excited about! Choke!

1 comment:

skegs said...

i love the broadways but you already knew that. tis all