Sunday, August 31, 2008

7

Here's the deal. Why's everyone so worried about what will happen tomorrow? Don't they know everything will work out? I'm sick of talking about the future and how I'm so scared of it. Why don't you just live this 60 second minute, and try to pack as much happiness and awesome things into it as possible, and then when the 60 seconds are up, start back at one. Learn to appreciate what you have now, because you may not have another 60 seconds, or you might wake up when you're 65 and think "I was such an idiot,worrying all the time about what would happen next", weirdos.

On another note, this is pretty much all I need, ever, or however many 60 seconds I can get.


Songs of the day, while I'm blabbering on about the future, we may as well take a little trip into the past.

New Kids on the Block - Step by Step. Now the new kids are old and in Saw movies, which makes me feel awkward that I had their face on my 7-year-old nightgown, but when my boss and I are doing the truck in the stock room and we're bored we always go through the steps as loud as we can, "STEP ONE.. we can have lots of fun..". It gets me through the day.
Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up. My sister had this on cassette when I was little, and while I probably didn't know what "sex you up" meant, I grooved to this song HARD.
Extreme - More Than Words. This song is amazing, and if this isn't a monster ballad, I don't know what is. Also, their hair is amazing. I remember sitting in my room singing my little heart out to this song while having no clue of what love was, except for mom and dad. It was sweet. P.S., whenever I think about how awesome this song is, I think about how equally awesome "To Be With You" by Mr. Big is. I don't know if they came out at the same time, or if I was just equally obsessed, but they should be listened to together.
Green Day - Burnout. As far as I'm concerned, if Dookie wasn't your absolute end-all be-all favorite cd of all time at one point in your life, you are a fucking square and I want nothing to do with you. Now they're all political and more power to them, but man was second grade awesome because of them.
blink-182 - Pathetic. When I was in middle school I was just too punk rock for blink-182. You know, wearing band t-shirts and Jnco's, boycotting Abercrombie and Fitch, and writing anarchy symbols places when I had no idea what it meant. I was an idiot.

Speaking of the 90s, I found this incredible video on Youtube. Tell me you're not laughing as pictures nostalgic of the 1990s are displayed on top of denim and Rod Stewart and Youth Group "Forever Young" slow-jams play in the background.


Can I just say I died when I heard for the first time since I was like, 10, "Hi kids, we're home early."


Happy Labor Day, and another thing, I know you're all a-lurkin', why not drop a comment?

2 comments:

pil pepito said...

hi i love you byeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

hm so i think you are my favorite person in the entire world and i love you so much!