Friday, August 22, 2008

4

This all feels so new. I'm not good at new things. I get clammy hands like a 7th grader dancing with his first girl.

Sometimes I think about being a fashion major, and what people might think when they hear that. Probably that I'm materialistic and a little dumb. But clothing is a constant. It's progressed from a necessity to an outward expression of what's inside of you; I think that's fantastic. I guess sometimes I just worry about these things. I wish I was strong enough to become a doctor and save people's lives, or an environmentalist and save the planet but sometimes we have to let other people be the heroes.

While I'm at quite a peak of my Bob Dylan obsession, here's two awesome things I've acquired in the past couple of weeks.

This amazing book:



and this permanent piece of art on my ribcage:



Songs of the day (lotsa girls):

Mazzy Star: Fade Into You. 90s girl vocals at their finest. My sister and I used to listen to Mazzy Star a lot when we were younger, and listening to this song reminds me of lying on my bed on my stomach and listening to this song and the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack.
Denali: Lose Me. When I was in High School, I went to a show with a bunch of good friends (of a band I will not mention, it's a little embarassing) and this band played. I remember I stood up front with my best friend at the time and just listened to this beautiful girl sing. For some reason, I'll always remember that night.
Tegan and Sara: Speak Slow. Sometimes I get in moods where I don't like Tegan and Sara but I will always love this song. It reminds me of good times.
Cat Power: Sea of Love. I really love Cat Power's voice, and I know this song is on the Juno soundtrack and kinda played, but I have to give her props for covering a song I really love in a really good way. She's also very beautiful in that unconventional feist-esque way.

Tomorrow night, I will be watching this band at PNC. Needless to say, they probably won't be as awesome as they are in this video, but I don't really care.


Hopefully soon, I will be rebuilding my marriage.

No comments: