Oh, there's just so many words inside of me, sometimes they need to spill out. Thus, I cave to blogspot.
Today, just as any other day in my recent life, I am terribly torn between my pride and my heart.
Three songs I have been listening to non-stop today (all of which I recommend downloading, or just clicking on to listen):
Tom Waits - Burma Shave. A song from my childhood that I sadly cannot find on myspace. Limewire?
The Smashing Pumpkins - The Beginning is the End is the Beginning. The slow version of the End is the Beginning is the End. It was on the Batman and Robin soundtrack way back when and is now behind the Watchmen trailer. It's quite a haunting song.
Pat Benetar - We Belong. The lyrics to this 80s nugget of genius define my life right now.
My current book(s):
I am alternating Chronicles (Volume One) by Bob Dylan and Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Chronicles well, Chronicles the life of Bob Dylan's early years. It takes him throughout the Village and New York City cafe's trying to reach the top. I love the way he writes, obviously; this book is like a big long song. Bob Dylan is so interesting to me because he never thought he'd be this big messiah in the folk music world, and he doesn't know how to handle it. Slaughterhouse-Five is an amazing book. I've always heard about it and Kurt Vonnegut; I also believe it was made into a movie. So far, it is far more than the pretentious 'must-read' I thought it was going to be. I don't want to put it down!
No comments:
Post a Comment