Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2

Oh, I officially miss him.

I finished Slaughterhouse-Five in two days. Never has this nonsense happened since my obsession with Harry Potter. It was such an amazing book; needless to say, Kurt Vonnegut is one of my new favorite authors. He is such a departure from Jack Kerouac whom I have been into deep lately. His dark satirical humor is right up my alley and his writing is this amazing no-bullshit way of writing that I love, and you can't help but find yourself laughing at. Also, the Tralfamadorian way of thinking about time is way awesome.

My songs of the day (a bit wacky?):

Simian vs. Justice - We Are Your Friends. Listen to it if you can appreciate a wonderful computerized beat. Get your dancin' shoes on.
Diplo - Scrappy Chief is Back. Some white guy making beats and mash-ups, but the background sample is so awesome.

Also, there's a Nike commerical that I've recently been in love with because Marvin Gaye (i.e., the man) sings the national anthem in the background. So here's the video of just the national anthem sans the Nike commercial because only he can make the national anthem funky. From about 2:20 on, I almost shed tears. (Sidenote: If you don't know how Marvin Gaye died, look it up, it's an absolute tragedy.)



So it goes.

No comments: