Life is one of the most wacky, amazing, silly things you could ever wrap your brain around; but that's what makes it so fantastic, you can't wrap your brain around it. You can't wrap anything around it. You just have to let it be. "You're right on track."
Let's get right into it.
Songs of the Day.. of epic movie proportions.
Into the Wild: Eddie Vedder and Kaki King - Guaranteed. All of the songs in this movie are so simple and hopeful and they remind me of my mom because she used to love Pearl Jam. Also, Kaki King is one of the best female solo artists ever. The way she plays her guitar blows my mind, and although her latest albums haven't sounded like the video down below, she has such a pretty voice. Check her out here. I recommend "Saving Days in a Frozen Heart" and "So Much for So Little".
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: Kiss - God Gave Rock and Roll to You. I have to pay homage to one of my favorite movies when I was little (psh, and still to this day) with an epic ending scene song. This song is so awesome because it skips all the crap like, ya know, verses and choruses, and gets right to the epic guitar solos.
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey: Winger - Battle Stations. Now, for those of you who know me well, I pretty much despise most movie sequels. Pretty much all but Terminator 2: Judgement Day, most horror movies from the 80s, and this gem. All I have to say is, listen to this real loud and get psyched.
Donnie Darko: Echo and the Bunnymen - Killing Moon. As much as people beat the crap out of this movie for me and I wanted to hit people who wanted to talk about it, this song always makes me feel like I'm in the 80s and really into bands like this like the Cure and Depeche Mode, and how I felt the first time I heard Cherita Chen say "Chut up".
The Lost Boys: Gerrard McCann - Cry Little Sister. This is definitely one of the most epic songs I've ever heard, mainly because of the creepy kid choir in the background. But maybe it's because it reminds me of my sister and I watching this movie pretty much every day of our adolescence, or every time we got Chinese food saying "Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots!!". We were awesome little kids.
The following video is the aforementioned Kaki King on the David Letterman show. Be amazed. She's also gorgeous.
Also, scope my myspace albums for some sweet new pictures from the Meat and Velour Party, Stephen's birthday, (obviously both from the PartyCam) Kaite's nautical birthday, and Motley Crue amazingness.
2 comments:
stef, peep the jerk. i believe you'll like the video i posted.
and yes kaki is awesome
IDK if you mean the sick jerks video or the bananarama one but I obviously dig both.
Post a Comment